Atago Malaysia DOM-24 | Frying Oil Monitor
-Quantitative, Reliable Management of Deteriorated Oil-
Is your oil still fresh?
Once oil degrades, it must be replaced with new, fresh oil. Continued use of old, degraded oil can have many negative consequences. Not only does it spoil the quality and flavor of food, it may also gravely impact the health of your customers.
By managing the quality and condition of degraded oil using quantitative, objective values, you can determine just the right time to change out the oil. It can also be extremely useful in reducing costs and improving the quality and flavor of your food products. Efficient management allows you to maximize the lifespan of oil.
Atago DOM-24 | Four Points
Point 1: Hassle-free and easy to use
- Titration, which can be used to check oil degradation, requires troublesome equipment and time consuming preparation.
- Using third party labs to measure oil degradation is rather costly.
- The DOM-24 can easily measure oil degradation without any complicated set-up.
- Absolutely no other equipment or preparation is needed.
- It is capable of measuring instantly—simply insert it into the oil.
Point 2: User-friendly
- Some measurement methods, such as titration and other methods that utilize test strips or reagent kits, result in subjective readings, which makes it difficult to determine the true value.
- Moreover, it requires technical knowledge and experience.
- The DOM-24 provides objective, quantitative values to determine oil degradation. Anyone can obtain precise, reliable measurements, regardless of skill or experience.
Point 3: No more wasting supplies or disposing of refuse
- Unlike titration, test strips, and reagent kits, which produce refuse every time measurements are taken,
- measurements with the DOM-24 do not generate any waste or refuse, which means you do not have to worry about disposal.
- Additionally, unlike reagents, the DOM-24 does not have any
- sort of “expiration date.”
- This means you do not have to deal with spending money to replace expired supplies.
Point 4: Safe, reliable, and hygienic
- Many people feel uneasy about using potentially dangerous chemicals or reagents in order to assess oil quality, especially in facilities where food products are produced and handled. Measurements with the DOM-24 are safe and hygienic. It does not utilize any reagents, eliminating the risk of extraneous materials contaminating your food products.
- After measurements have been taken, the DOM-24 can be completely washed under running water, allowing for thorough hygienic maintenance.
*What’s wrong with using old, degraded oil for cooking?*
As oil degrades, harmful peroxides are produced from the unsaturated fatty acids within the oil. Further oxidation causes the oil to become increasingly degraded. Using this low-quality, severely degraded oil for cooking or frying may lead to serious health issues, such as heartburn or nausea.
ATAGO recommends using the DOM-24 to periodically check and monitor the quality of your oil in order to maximize its lifespan.
Atago DOM-24 | Features
Stable and reliable measurement values
The DOM-24 is equipped with automatic temperature compensation (ATC), making it capable of measurements at a wide temperature range of 0˚C to 225˚C. The DOM-24 can provide stable and reliable measurement values, even at high-temperatures.
100% Made in Japan
All ATAGO products are designed, manufactured, and undergo thorough quality assurance testing in our own factory in Japan. We guarantee safe, reliable, high-quality products and services to our customers. The warranty period for the DOM-24 is 1 year. In the event that any servicing or repair is required, please contact ATAGO.
DOM-24 Acid Value (AV) Scale model is also available!
Total polar materials (TPM) % is mainly used in Europe as an indicator of cooking oil degradation. TPM is a value that expresses the amount of degraded substances (excluding non-polar materials), such as decomposed substances and polymers, calculated primarily from oils and fats (triglycerides).
In addition to TPM, acid value (AV) is also an indicator used to express cooking oil quality and freshness. It is primarily used in other countries such as Japan and America. AV is a value that expresses the proportionate amount of free fatty acids within oil.
Values will vary depending on the region and sample.
The DOM-24 is capable of switching between both TPM and AV values for measurement. Please use the scale most suitable to your application.
Atago DOM-24 | Product Details
Introducing a frying oil monitor that can be used to periodically check and monitor the quality of oil. This instrument is capable of measuring both TPM (Total Polar Materials), a standard used in Europe as an indicator of the overall quality of frying oil, as well as AV (Acid Value), which indicates changes in cooking oil properties.