Anton Paar Malaysia ABA 4 Abel Flash Point Tester
- The automatic Abel closed-cup tester measures the flash point, the lowest temperature at which the vapors of a sample ignite upon the application of an ignition source.
- The tester can also be used to detect the ability of a sample to yield flammable vapors when maintained at an equilibrium temperature by the flash/no flash method.
- ABA 4 is suitable for flash point applications of jet fuels, solvents, chemicals, etc.
ABA 4 Abel Flash Point Tester | Key Features
Benefits at a Glance
- Two cooling systems with Peltier elements according to the new ISO 13736 standard: an economical air-cooled model and a low-temperature version with external water cooling
- The two ignition systems in each unit give you the flexibility to work with an electric or gas igniter: if the gas ignition is used, the electric igniter will automatically relight the gas flame during the test, if necessary
- The One-Twist swivel-around multi-function head guarantees the safe and easy one-hand connection of all sensors and actuators such as the shutter release, stirrer, igniter and detector contacts
- An extended measuring range up to 110 °C enables you to go beyond the conventional scope of the Abel method
- Test initiation by pre-installed standard test methods and ability to customize methods by user-defined programs
- Outside flame sensors increase the system’s safety, especially for work with samples that have no conventional flash point but burn outside the test cup (e.g. due to flame-inhibiting components)
- Splashproof touch-key panel with large LCD
- A multi-detector combines the flash point detector and the temperature probe in a solid housing with a perfectly adjusted immersion depth
- A probe verification program checks the proper functioning of the temperature probe and allows a bias adjustment by using a special calibration kit (optional)
Customized User Flexibility
- PC-software FPPNet (optional) for convenient remote handling and test data storage
- Insulation hood (optional) to protect the cover and shutter assembly from icing during low-temperature flash point tests
- Abel-Pensky test insert (optional)
- Calibration set (optional)
- Stainless steel or small-volume sample cup (optional)
View all Anton Paar’s products